Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Three years of Bread Baking Babes

Congratulations to ourselves today. Hip Hip Hooray!!! The Bread Baking Babes have been baking, laughing, crying, yabbing, bitching, complaining, cheering, puttin' on panties, drinking, jumping on beds, ecc., ecc. together for 3 years now! Time flies when you're having fun. Anniversaries make you wanna look back and see how it all was. It was a lot of fun baking together with a wonderful group of talented women. Thanks Tanna and Karen for founding this group of crazy women in the first place. And because of all these colourfull Babes together ánd to celebrate, we've even got a new logo/badge to go with it.

We baked a lot of breads, take a look at the wonderful bread collages Astrid made for us. And even although I did bake all of them, I had forgotten some of them. And seeing them al together made me want to bake more of them. And this month is our (and your) choice to bake from all of these breads we made these last three years.

Pick your favorite... easier said than done. Before I saw the breads in the collages, I was sure to bake the Royal Crown Tortano, the first bread we baked (even though I already baked this one before this group was formed), I think it's my all time favorite. But then there was also the curried Naan that was so good, the Brunkans Långa with it's wonderful flavour, the beautiful italian knot rolls, the moist Potato bread, the delicious Sukkar bi Tahin, that wonderful Coccodrillo that we tamed  and.... and.... There are so many personal favorites.

In the end the kids voted:  for The Sûkerbôlle, they have the same sweet tooth as their mummy. And this is a real wonderful Dutch loaf that we all love here and have been baked several times. Monique picked this one out for us for September 2008 and a beautiful treat to celebrate our 3 years of baking together.

Sûkerbôlle revisited

What's your favorite?? Go and take a look at the breads (and links) we've baked so far and pick your own personal favorite! Bake, post and celebrate our anniversary with us. Send over your details (deadline 29th of the month), you know the drill to Tanna's kitchen this month. Cheers to many more loafs!!!

13 comments:

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

Oh yes many more loaves together!
I count this loaf among my favorites.

Ilva said...

a big babe hug to you Lien, without this group I wouldn't have met you!

NKP said...

Great post! Ah yes, the sugar loaf! Very new to me and so delicious. Great choice. Happy Anniversary! ♥

Cookie baker Lynn said...

My family and I loved the Sukerbolle! Mmmm, good choice. Happy Anniversary, dear! It's been wonderful baking with you.

Elle said...

Happy Anniversary! The badge is gorgeous and that is another bread that I MUST try...my sweet tooth is quite large :) Thanks for inviting me into the kitchen...it's a delight baking with you.

Dewi said...

Happy Anniversary! You bake a really delicious bread Lien. Perfect!

Karen Baking Soda said...

Lien isn't it great to see your badge make such colorful pop-ups? I love it!

Also love the same route we all seem to take; first we think we know what our favorite is and then we start adding one and another one.. every Babe anniversary post I read makes me add even more to the list!

Thanks for the chats and yay us!!

Elizabeth said...

Wonderful!! I love how many different favourites we all have. Your Sûkerbôlle looks brilliant!

breadchick said...

Lien not only do you brighten the classroom when you come bounding in and plop down on the bench next to me but without you, our blogs would not look so pretty every month when we post our breads with your lovely badges.

Looking forward to another year of baking!

Katie Zeller said...

What a great choice! I totally agree with your family... Can I come for dinner? Is there any left? (No, of course not. Don't be silly)

Sara said...

Yes the Sukerbolle was a wonderful bread! Happy 3rd Anniversary Lien!

Myvegfare said...

Hi, yaa, I want to join your BBB, I left a comment, how do i join your BBB, I love baking breads, what should I do can you please tell me,
my e-mail id is cookingisdivine@gmail.com

Connie said...

Hi Lien, This was the first time I joined as a buddy. Will do this more often. Connie from Thailand