Thursday, March 31, 2011

Bread Baking Buddies!

Here is the round up of our Bread Baking Buddies that baked the Rewena Paraoa with us this month. The bread gave a few problems for some of the bakers, but in the end they all turned out well. Don't you just love happy endings? I certainly do. I thought it was a wonderful sight to see all the different ways of 'stencilling' the bread in one way or another, very creative.

It's been fun baking this together and sure hope to see you all again next month. And as most of us know by now the new recipe will be revealed on the 16th of each month.
Hobby Baker "A messy kitchen" even took her dough with her to visit friends... real dedication!! Gorgeous ovenspring and stencilling.







Soepkipje (on ipernity) made a whole wheat version. Good to see that also a whole wheat Rewena was so pillowlike. A wonderful bread with beautiful stencilling.

Natalia ("Gatti, fili e farina") used an original idea to substitute for the stencilling and slashed the bread instead with an N(ew) Z(ealand), really nice. Wonderful bread with the best holes you can wish for.
Michelle ("The beauty of life") didn't think this bread wasn't going to work. A lot of trouble. But the bread came out wonderful in the end, great job!
Cathy ( Bread Baking Blog) shows us a wonderful step-by-step photo series how she made the bread. And look at that wonderful end result! Just beautiful.
Judy ("Judy's gross eats")  had some problems with the bread, it was a bit too wet probably, but way too go, looks at that crumb! Perfection.

Isn't this an amazing looking bread that Dewi ("Elra's Baking") made? Literally the birth of a bread. Glad she persevered after the starter didn't behave very well.
Thanks all Bread Baking Buddies for participating and baking with us this month. If you didn't make it this month, there's always next month. Hope to see you then.

8 comments:

Michelle Stiles said...

Thanks for the lovely round up! I am excited for next month's challenge!

Barbara Bakes said...

I'm sorry I missed it this month. It looks like a fabulous bread!

Dewi said...

Thank you so much Lien. I just saw your comment on FB this morning ( I just got up), and thought about sending it. But then, I saw that you posted the round up, and I thought I was late again :) I am so glad that you included mine on this round up. Thank you so much.

natalia said...

Grazie Lien !!! You chose a wonderful bread !

NKP said...

Wonderful round-up!
I love how everyone added their own creative input to the loaf. ☺

Karen Baking Soda said...

This is an inspiring round up! I love how different all the breads turned out!

Judy said...

My bread may have been flatter than normal, but it tasted just fine. In fact, my daughter has asked me to make it again, which doesn't happen often.

MyKitchenInHalfCups said...

One of the neatest things about doing the same recipe is how different it can turn out and how differently it works for each of us.

Gorgeous breads.