OK so this is the last day to post for Food-O-Grafie #4, an event from Zorra. It's about photo-software this month and well I have nothing to say really on the subject.
I don't have any special software like photoshop, Corel or whatever they are called on my computer. I do want to, but just to use to make things like etikets or badges, you know like collages to have some fun. I'm not really into changing pictures that much. They should be shot right and if sometimes that can't be (for whatever reasons), so be it. It doesn't all have to be perfect.
It's a bit like the teeth of the next generation, they all look the same, they all had costly treatments, wore braces and have a perfect smile. It looks good, it really does... and my kids will probably go that same way.. but I sometimes hesitate about these things, that all has to be so perfect looking in this world. Is it still real? I love the personal touch, your own handwriting so to speak in whatever you do.
Before some get upset, please don't feel personally offended, it's just what I think, and let's face it, who am I right?! It is what I want for my pictures, it suits me, it doesn't bother me with other people's photo's, well not most tof the time anyway. Btw I also applaud that we use the technics that has been developed, we don't want to get stuck in time right, so it's not that I'm against using it! I realise it's a thin like between yes and no here, it's more of a gutfeeling I guess.
Anyway it seems I have a lot to say suddenly. Let's shut up and look at the facts. What do I do with my pictures:
- I get rid of red eyes (though that's nothing to do with food pictures of course)
- I downsize them (to ± 35%) because it will take forever to upload them to Blogger or Flickr otherwise. I used paint for that, but now I use Microsoft office picture manager, because you can downsize baches in one go, which is much easier.
- I also turn my pictures with Microsoft the right way up, but thát probably doesn't count as editing a picture.
- I use paint to write in the picture (Notitie van Lien©2009) or sometimes other text. I used to have the same caracters that the head of my blog is made off, but after my computer crashed this type of letters weren't available anymore (don't know where they went)
- Sometimes I cropp a picture and I do that with paint too.
And that's about it I guess. To conclude a recent picture, just downsized and the ©-line at the bottom.