Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Click

I like to make photo's that accompany my recipes. I'm nothing of a pro, I don't even own a SLR, I don't have knowledge about special lightning or effects, I don't have a special place where I shoot my pictures, I don't have lots of time to set it all up, I don't own a photoshop (or something similar) program (yet) and I don't pretend to be anything more than someone who is just trying and I just like it.

I have a stack of different plates, placemats and napkins to not let it look the same all the time when I shoot a recipe. I look for those at second hand shops or any other place cheap, because I only use them for the pictures. I love looking at good food pictures, and there are lots and lots to be found in the blogosphere.

And so I found this Click event at Jugalbandi, a monthly food photography event with this month FLOUR as theme. As there is a lot of flour in my kitchen, I decided to sent in this picture of the Royal Crown Tortano that I baked this last month. It'll be fun to see all the other contestants.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lien wat een kunstwerkjes zitten er bij (die pannenkoek op het bloemen bord ;-)allemaal culi-profs!!!

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, er lopen er meer op deze aardbol rond met een goede camera....Maar jouw Royal Crown op z'n boerenruitjes theedoek doet het zeker top !

Kiriel du Papillon said...

Lovely shot. I too am a distinct amateur, with less skill with a camera than you, and I think your photo captures well the crusty goodness of your loaf, as well as fitting superbly in the theme of flour. Well done!